Evaluate Your Schools
Knowledge is power. Find the best school for your family:
Explore the best schools in your area based on rigorous analysis of key statistics and millions of reviews from students and parents using data from the U.S. Department of Education.
GreatSchools provides school information and parenting resources to help millions of American families choose the right school, support learning at home, and guide their children to great futures.
Noodle helps you find the right college or graduate program, and the best path to get in and pay for it.
National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP)
NAEP assessments are administered to students in public, private, and charter schools at grades 4, 8, and 12. Use the dashboard to do the following:
- Explore the latest national results in all the NAEP subjects for students attending public, charter (a subset of public), private, and Catholic (a subset of private) schools.
- Explore the percentage of different student groups by the type of school they attend.
- See how students’ educational experiences vary by school types.
The ACT standardized test is given to high school students and used for college admissions. It contains multiple-choice tests in four areas: English, mathematics, reading and science. See average scores by state.
The SAT is an entrance exam used by most colleges and universities to make admissions decisions. The SAT is a multiple-choice, pencil-and-paper test created and administered by the College Board. It is given to high school students and used for college admissions. The test has two sections: Math and Evidence-based Reading and Writing. View reports on each state’s results.
National Center for Education Statistics
View Graduation Rates by State.
The Education and Workforce Pipeline
A tool that measures state data from Pre-K to Career to determine if young people are on track for prosperous, self-determined lives. Use the dashboard to discover how your state compares nationally in:
- Elementary: reading and math proficiency (NAEP data)
- High School: college and career readiness (graduation rates, ACT and SAT scores)
- Young Adults & Post Secondary: success in the workforce (economic participation, education attainment, wage, and civic engagement data)
Global Report Card
Ever wonder how your public school district stacks up when compared to the rest of the world? What about how your district compares to your state or even the nation? Use this tool to find out if students in your district are learning the skills and knowledge they need to succeed.